Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Expert

Right out front. I am NOT an expert on guitars, guitar history, playing guitar or any other guitar subject that I write on. Nor do I have much faith in someone who claims to be. To tell me that you are an expert is akin to saying "trust me", not likley. I do reasearch, have multi guitar magazine subscriptions, talk to luthiers, investigate my own guitars in my collection, and absorb any and all guitar related subject matter. I continue to learn constantly, which is why I welcome input from all. We in the guitar world are always learning new facts on makes, models, luthiers, styles and all related subjects. It is a vast world, this guitar planet we orbit and touch down upon. In my opinion it would be pretty boring if new discoveries did not come to light off and on, even on makers that have been well documented . Just like finding a new guitar for my collection, and discovering a sweetness in tone, sustain, woods and construction. This is part of the joy of guitars, no two are the same even if they have consecutive serial numbers. And no matter how much you think you know, there is always something to learn. So, be open , question what you know and be willing to accept input. We might all learn something.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    How many guitars do you own? What is the oldest one you have? I have never tried to play a guitar before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you did your blog on guitars and music. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete